Offshore dedicated hosting allows businesses and individuals to host a wide variety of content and web applications on powerful dedicated servers while providing anonymity and enhancing data privacy. In theory, every offshore web host should provide reliable dedicated server hosting. However, our experience and user reviews on our site have shown that many offshore web hosting companies need to catch up in this regard.
We created this review of the best eight offshore dedicated server providers to save you the time and stress of using the wrong offshore dedicated hosting provider. This independent review discusses each provider in detail and provides all the necessary information to help you decide. You can check out the expert review on each provider for more information.
The Best Offshore Dedicated Hosting Services of 2023 (Bought and Tested)
UltaHost is known for its unbeatable performance, affordable prices, 55-second instant server launches, premium SSD-backed servers, and unlimited bandwidth. It also offers advanced security features, full root access, and a variety of free and paid features.
- Overall score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.9
Overall score – 4.8: UltaHost is a US-based hosting provider that was founded in 2018. Although it is fairly new to the market compared to other providers, it has proven itself as one of the best hosting providers offering DMCA-ignored Linux VPS plans among its long list of services. Additionally, it offers managed offshore hosting for both Linux and Windows. Depending on their OS, customers can choose from Hestia or CyberPanel, which are free, or go for the paid Plesk or cPanel control panels.
Features – 4.8: Some key features of UltaHost is that it provides SSD-backed offshore hosting, multiple data centers located all across the globe, managed servers, dedicated IPs, 24/7 support, BitNinja Security, free SSL Certificates, unlimited bandwidth, Cloudflare CDN, free daily backups, and scalable DDR4 RAM.
Support – 4.9: Customer Support is available to users via UltaHost’s live chat, ticketing system, phone, and email support. UltaHost also has an amazing knowledge base and FAQ section for each service. Additionally, UltaHost has a blog where users can read about many relevant topics. The customer support experts of UltaHost are available 24/7/365.
User-friendly: 4.8: UltaHost has been dubbed as a provider that is simple to navigate and easy to use. It offers its users the cPanel control panel, which is known to be extremely beginner-friendly. Additionally, it offers managed servers, which means that all the technical aspects are taken care of by UltaHost, and customers do not have to worry and can focus on their business.
Pricing – 4.8: The cheapest UltaHost Offshore hosting plan is its Shared Starter plan, which will cost you $3.29 per month. You can choose to get a monthly or an annual subscription. Both billing plans come with discounts, and you can save up to 25% with a monthly or up to 40% with a yearly subscription. The Shared Starter plan comes with 1 GB RAM, one domain, 30GB NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, free daily backups, and free SSL Certificates. All plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee and can be paid for with Bitcoin.
Reliability – 4.9: UltaHost offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and has one of the best performances across all industry standards. Additionally, it employs modern systems across all its servers and maintains data centers in Canada, the US, Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, India, and the European Union. Also, UltaHost provides automated daily backups with full server snapshots, CDN, SSD NVMe Disk Drives, and unlimited bandwidth.
Additional parameter – Best performance offshore hosting provider: UltaHost has the best performance in the offshore hosting game. It provides customers with state-of-the-art managed servers powered by ultra-optimized 14th-generation Dell servers. Additionally, it guarantees a 99.9% uptime and uses SSD NVMe disk drives for storage. Also, it provides its customers with unlimited bandwidth, server launches in 55 seconds, a built-in cache mechanism, and full root access. Additionally, it offers customers many free features, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and accepts Bitcoin as a payment option.
Pros & Cons
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 55-second server launch
- CDN add-on
- HTTP/2 enabled servers
- SSD NVMe disk drives
- 24/7 support
- Excellent server infrastructure
- Unlimited application installation
- Malware scans and reports
- Support in multiple languages
- SSH and SFTP access
- Advanced security
- Many free features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The CDN add-on is not free in the Basic Windows VPS plan
- Monthly plans do not come with free domain transfers
Hostinger is a reliable web host that doesn’t come with regular dedicated hosting services as most providers do. Instead, it offers “Pro” services, which give you dedicated hosting-level features but are actually run on the cloud and come with super affordable prices. With these services, you can host hundreds of websites, manage them all from one dashboard, host websites for clients, and more.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: Hostinger’s “Pro” services start at $8.99/month. There are three plans to choose from, and they are subject to 30-day money-back guarantees. For $8.99/month, you’ll get hosting 300 websites, 200GB of NVMe storage, 3GB of RAM, two CPU cores, and unlimited bandwidth.
Features: Some of the features you’ll get with Hostinger include unlimited free SSLs, daily backups, free email, free domain, free CDN, a dedicated IP address, managed WordPress services, enhanced DDoS protection, WAF, malware scanner, secure access manager, 300 subdomains, GIT, SSH access, DNS management, AI tools, and more.
Performance: Hostinger has data centers all over the world and comes with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Also, all plans come with a free CDN, and it has a cache manager that will help you speed up your websites.
Support: Hostinger offers dedicated 24/7 customer support that’s available via live chat and email. It also offers a plethora of useful written guides and tutorials, which are available on its website.
User Friendly: With Hostinger’s “Pro” services, you’ll get the Hostinger Pro Panel, which is a professional dashboard where you can easily manage multiple client accounts and run bulk updates. You’ll also get a drag-and-drop website builder, AI website creation, and an AI copywriting tool.
Pros & Cons
- It offers dedicated features at super-low prices.
- Has an all-in-one control panel where you can manage multiple websites and accounts.
- All plans come with a plethora of great features and value for money.
- It does not offer dedicated hosting (but its “Pro” services are a great substitute).
KoDDoS was founded in 2007 and now has its headquarters in Hong Kong. Among its many services, it provides premium offshore dedicated hosting on ultra-fast, DDoS-protected servers and amazing security features which protect your anonymity and data. Additionally, it offers DDoS proxy protection, DDoS-protected colocation, quick server setup, and remote reboot.
- Overall score: 4.7
- Features: 4.7
- Support: 4.8
- User Friendly: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
- Reliability: 4.6
Features: Among the many free and paid features, KoDDoS offers 24/7 monitoring, uninterrupted application layer (layer 7) operations and advancements, SSL, server management, medium-risk, and high-risk hosting, traffic filtering, cPanel, Intel Xeon E3 or E5 CPUs, the Softaculous auto-installer, daily backups, free migration, DDoS proxy protection, and DDoS-protected colocation. However, we gave it a 4.7 score because many features come at an additional fee.
Support: Customers can access KoDDoS’s customer support via live chat, email, and phone. It is available 24/7 and also accessible via Facebook and Twitter messages. However, we gave it a 4.8 score because of the long response time from customer support agents.
User Friendly: KoDDoS provides many one-click install applications, the Softaculous auto-installer, SEO tools, fully managed support, quick server setup in less than 48h, remote reboot, and the cPanel control panel. We only gave it a 4.7 score because the cPanel control panel and the Softaculous auto-installer come at a high additional price.
Pricing: KoDDoS offers dedicated server hosting that is supported by Intel Xeon E3 or E5 CPUs, Dual Intel Xeon, Dual Intel, Dual Intel Gold, and AMD EPYC processors. The cheapest offshore dedicated server is the Intel Xeon E3-1230. It costs $90 monthly and includes 16 GB of memory, 2×1 TB of RAID-10 SATA or SSD storage, up to 100 TB of bandwidth, and a network interference of 1 Gbps. However, we gave it a 4.6 score because many features are paid for, and the KoDDoS plans are quite expensive overall.
Reliability: KoDDoS provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee, promising its customers little to no downtime or latency issues. All of its servers are LiteSpeed web servers, which use the latest Juniper Networks and Cisco hardware. It provides RAID-0 to RAID-10 SSD storage, Cloudflare CDN, and a redundant network. Additionally, it provides dedicated servers that are supported by the best processors, including Intel Xeon, Dual Intel Xeon, Dual Intel, AMD EPYC, and Dual Intel Gold. However, we gave it a 4.6 score because its dedicated server hosting is available only on its servers in the Netherlands.
Additional parameter – Server location: 4.0: The location of the server your website is hosted on is crucial because it directly affects the downtime and latency or connectivity issues you might experience. So, when choosing a provider, you should make sure that it has a data center close to your or the location of your audience so that your website is always online and available. When it comes to KoDDos, it maintains three top-quality data centers in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Washington, USA, and Hong Kong. We gave KoDDoS a 4.0 score because it only has three data centers, meaning that customers from regions that are far away from its data centers will experience downtime or latency issues due to server distance.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- DDoS proxy protection
- DDoS-protected colocation
- Cloudflare CDN
- Softaculous auto-installer
- 24/7 monitoring
- Server management
- Many different plans
- 24/7 customer support
- LiteSpeed web servers
- Unlimited MySQL, email, and FTP
- Raid-10 storage
- Hardware from Juniper Networks and Cisco
- Fully managed VPS
- Intel Xeon E3 or E5 CPUs
- Server connectivity of at least 1 Gbps
- Quick server setup
- Remote reboot
- IPMI remote KVM
- Limited information on the company
- Long wait for customer support response
- Expensive plans
- Dedicated server hosting plans are only available in the Netherlands
When navigating the online space amidst DDoS attacks and frivolous legal assaults, VSYS Host is the offshore web host to trust. VSYS Host has a solid physical, software, and legal framework to ensure your servers are free from hardware/software failure, volumetric DDoS attack or illegitimate legal abuse. They store clients’ web content and data in well-sheltered offshore locations. In addition, they accept crypto payments and do not require personal information to sign up.
- Overall score – 4.9
- Features – 4.9
- Support – 5
- User Friendly – 4.9
- Pricing – 4.7
- Reliability – 4.9
Features – 4.9: VSYS Host offers impressive dedicated server plans with many mouthwatering bonuses. These bonuses include full migration support, free setup, proactive server monitoring, unmetered traffic, full root access with IPMI v.2, separate VLAN on demand, client ISO image installation, and 1 Gbps premium uplink. They also provide on-demand custom hardware configurations and DDoS protection for all plans.
Support – 5: Get excellent support from VSYS Host’s in-house tech support team. The team is easily accessible 24/7 via its ticketing system and live chat. They also claim to respond to any web hosting-related issue via the ticketing system in less than 15 minutes.
User Friendly – 4.9: VSYS offers many features that make it very user-friendly. They don’t charge fees for setup and will finalize the initial setup and OS installation in 24 hours or less. They also have fast-response sales support via live chat to answer your questions and resolve issues.
Pricing – 4.7: Dedicated hosting servers cost $99/month for the basic plan. This plan offers XEON E3-1220 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD or 1 TB HDD storage and 1G/1GBPS port/bandwidth. You get a 5% discount if you pay for three months, a 10% discount if you pay for six months, and a 20% discount if you pay for one year (12 months). All the dedicated server plans come with a 99.97% SLA-backed network uptime guarantee.
Reliability – 4.9: VSYS hosts its Tier III DC network infrastructure in Kyiv, Ukraine. The provider also has multiple top-tier uplinks and provides plenty of bandwidth for a reasonable price. In addition, their 99.97% network uptime is backed up by the SLA guarantee. To ensure your website security, they also offer full mitigation support and protection from volumetric DDoS attacks.
Additional parameter – Anonymity: VSYS’ home country laws allow it to provide hosting solutions without requiring or storing client personal information. As such, you can use their services without revealing your identity. They also accept payments via cryptocurrencies and only communicate with their customers through anonymous email services. While it is the customer’s responsibility to stay anonymous, the company holds up its end of the bargain by providing the infrastructure needed to do so.
VSYS Host is famous for its anonymity features and in-house capability to support resource-hungry websites.
Pros & Cons
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Volumetric DDoS Attack Protection
- Custom hardware configurations
- 99.97% SLA-backed uptime guarantee
- Full website migration support
- Round-the-clock server monitoring
- 24/7 technical support
- Great for movie websites and IPTV streaming
- Separate VLAN on-demand
- Accept cryptocurrency payments
- No money-back guarantee
- Requires higher payment for NVMe servers
- Overall score – 4.7
- Features – 4.7
- Support – 5
- User Friendly – 4.6
- Pricing – 4.6
- Reliability – 4.6
Features – 4.7: KnownSRV offers fast setup (between one to 24 hours), 1 Gbps port speed, free migration, DDoS protection, and full root access on all dedicated hosting plans. The web host offers two control panels (VestaCP and Webmin) for free, and cPanel and DirectAdmin at an extra charge. They also use proactive monitoring systems to detect and resolve any problem that may occur.
Support – 5: Technical support is available round the clock via the ticketing system and live chat. The friendly hosting experts are available to help day or night. The support team typically responds quickly to queries and will also help you with server setup and website migrations.
User Friendly – 4.6: As a fully managed offshore web hosting provider, KnownSRV offers comprehensive support for all your needs. The hosting experts will help you monitor your servers and perform optimizations and maintenance. They also offer add-on resources for enterprises needing customized server configurations.
Pricing – 4.6: You have four dedicated hosting plans, with prices ranging from $119.95 to $299.95. The most affordable plan ($119.95) offers 4 E3-1240v3 CPU cores, 2 x 120 GB SSD storage, and 25 TB/month bandwidth. All their dedicated server plans come with full root access, free migration, DDoS protection, and instant scalability.
Reliability – 4.6: KnownSRV offers ultra-low latency and 99.9% uptime powered by their redundant enterprise Brocade and Juniper network equipment. They also possess 2 Tbps of internet capacity, allowing them to protect users against DDoS attacks regardless of the scale or duration. This anti-DDoS protection is powered by the Corero Smartwall technology and augmented by proactive monitoring systems.
Additional parameter – Fully Managed Offshore Dedicated Servers: KnownSRV offers extended managed service to all their hosting solutions, including their dedicated server plans. As such, they are responsible for setting up, managing, and optimizing your servers. They also offer customizations to get suitable server configurations for your needs and budget.
KnownSRV is an offshore web host that combines fully managed service with cloud infrastructure to provide unparalleled offshore web hosting solutions.
Pros & Cons
- Rock solid infrastructure
- Fully managed dedicated servers
- Guaranteed privacy
- Free website migration
- Full root access
- DDoS protection
- Free control panels
- Easy to upgrade or downgrade
- Transparent pricing
- 24/7 friendly team of hosting experts
- No refunds on dedicated servers
- No free backup
ZYNOO is a Bulgarian offshore hosting provider that offers Shared, VPS and Dedicated offshore hosting. Its servers are located in Sofia, Bulgaria, and are powered by enterprise-level hardware. Additionally, it operates modern Tier III+ carrier-neutral data centers, which customers from the European Union and beyond to Asia and Africa can take advantage of, considering Bulgaria’s proximity to the two continents.
- Overall score: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.7
- Reliability: 4.7
Features: ZYNOO offers many paid and free features to its customers, including free DDoS protection of up to 500+ Gbps, unlimited bandwidth, an ultra-fast network, a free database, script, and file transfer, RAID-10 SSD storage, server monitoring, and full root access. However, we gave it a 4.8 rating because SSD storage and free DDoS protection are not available for all dedicated offshore hosting plans.
Support: ZYNOO’s 24/7/365 customer support can be accessed via tickets, live chat, and its designated Client Area. Additionally, ZYNOO has an extensive knowledge base where customers can search for solutions to their issues. We gave it a 4.7 rating because it does not provide phone support.
User Friendly: ZYNOO is an easy-to-navigate provider which offers the Softaculous auto-installer and the cPanel control panel, which is a favorite among beginners and developers alike. However, we gave it a 4.6 rating because its knowledge base can be a bit difficult to navigate.
Pricing: The cheapest offshore hosting plan is the Business plan, which starts at $5.95 per month. It comes with 30 GB of SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, 2 GB RAM, 1.5 vCore, and the ability to host up to 20 domains. However, we gave it a 4.7 rating because it’s a bit pricier compared to other providers.
Reliability: ZYNOO is among the few providers on the market that offer a 100% uptime guarantee on all its services. Additionally, its infrastructure is supported by enterprise-level hardware and uses LiteSpeed web server software across all servers. However, we gave ZYNOO a 4.7 rating here because it only has one data center.
Additional parameter – Data center location: 4.2: The location of the data center is crucial for downtime, website availability, and latency issues. The closer a customer is to the location, the lesser the chances are of experiencing either one. Because of this, we gave a 4.2 rating to ZYNOO because, despite it being close to European and some Asian and African countries, customers outside these regions are highly likely to experience latency issues and downtime.
Pros and Cons
- A 100% uptime
- 24/7/365 customer support with excellent response times
- Free DDoS protection of up to 500+ Gbps
- Free database, script, and file transfer
- LiteSpeed web servers
- Enterprise-level hardware
- Softaculous auto install
- Unlimited databases, email accounts, and FTP accounts
- Server monitoring
- No phone support
- Only one data center
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Offshore Dedicated Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
Dedicated hosting solutions are the crème de la crème of the web hosting industry. They offer the complete resources of a physical server to one customer. So if you sign up for a dedicated server today, you will be the only one using the server. We have a list of the best dedicated server hosting providers for anyone who wants to enjoy reliable hosting without wasting time.
Offshore dedicated hosting service providers like the ones mentioned in this article are the ideal choice when a user:
- Requires the features of a dedicated server hosting plan
- Does not want to divulge their identity or subject themselves to specific regulations.
Our top recommendation is Ultahost. This offshore web host ticks all the right boxes:
- Reliable servers
- Around-the-clock customer support
- Excellent features for all hosting needs
- Affordable prices
Other impressive offshore dedicated server web hosts include VSYS Host, BlueAngel.Host, and VSYS. These providers (and others on this list) will provide excellent server performance while keeping your data private and protecting your anonymity. They only require a valid email address from you when you sign up.
How Do We Rank, And How Should You Choose Your Offshore Dedicated Hosting Provider?
- Types of Dedicated Servers Hosting Offered5%
- Uptime Commitment8%
- Speed Optimization9%
- Available Space and Bandwidth7%
- Scalability Options6%
- Security Enhancements7%
- Ease of Use8%
- Offshore Dedicated Hosting-Specific Support12%
- Developer Tools and Extras5%
- User Reviews30%
We rank offshore dedicated hosting providers based on strict, independently formulated hosting parameters. These parameters cover all the aspects of dedicated server hosting and what we expect from offshore web hosts. Each parameter has an assigned percentage based on its importance for a reliable offshore dedicated hosting solution. Here is a rundown of these parameters and how to apply them.
- Types of Dedicated Servers Hosting Offered (5%): Most offshore web hosts group their dedicated server plans based on functionality. You typically have a regular dedicated server plan for general use and another set of plans for specific needs such as IPTV streaming and enterprise-grade uses. Most people can get by with regular offshore dedicated servers, but if you have specific needs, you must get a plan configured for your needs. Some offshore web hosts will suspend your account if you use your server for activities it is not configured for.
- Uptime Commitment (8%): Ideally, you want an uptime commitment of at least 99.95%. For dedicated servers, you also have a significant role in determining how often your server will go down. However, with a 99.95% uptime guarantee, the chances of server downtime happening will reduce.
- Speed Optimization (9%): Like uptime, dedicated server owners can influence their server performance and speed. Most dedicated servers require clients to make configurations and optimizations to improve server performance. However, you should ensure that the web hosts’ server baseline speed is sufficient for your basic operations.
- Available Space and Bandwidth (7%): Your preferred plan must offer sufficient hardware configuration for your hosting needs. You should also pay attention to the type of hardware resources, such as CPU, RAM, and storage. For instance, you will get better performance with SSD storage but more space with HDD storage.
- Scalability Options (6%): Dedicated servers are scalable, but the process can be tedious. In most cases, you might need to upgrade to a higher plan. However, the providers in this article will allow you to temporarily increase your server resources when you desire to upgrade to a higher plan or the increased traffic or usage subsides.
- Security Enhancements (7%): Security is a two-way street. On the one hand, you should tighten your defense, especially when using an unmanaged dedicated server hosting plan. On the other hand, you need to ensure that your provider provides all the infrastructure to secure your server and takes proactive steps to digitally and physically secure their data centers.
- Ease of Use (8%): Beginners are not the primary target market for dedicated server providers. So you need to learn some basic skills before signing up for one. However, many top-tier offshore web hosts (like the ones in this review) make their hosting plans user-friendly. Some offshore web hosts like KnownSRV even offer fully managed dedicated server hosting plans to take the stress of server management off your hands.
- Offshore Dedicated Hosting-Specific Support (12%): There are specific features we look out for from each web host. These include data centers in offshore jurisdictions, anonymous payment options (including cryptocurrency), complete anonymity, data privacy, and minimal personal detail request.
- Developer Tools and Extras (5%): Anyone requiring a dedicated server most likely wants to host a big website or resource-hungry web applications. It would be best to have a friendly environment to install your applications and make server configurations. While dedicated servers offer full root access and complete server control, some aspects limit your server usage. If you have specific needs, such as hosting streaming sites, you should ensure that the server provides the basic infrastructure.
- User Reviews (30%): Gone are the days when you had to take an offshore hosting provider by its word. Today, you can compare user reviews to measure how well they have been performing and how much reliability you can expect from them.
- Pricing (3%): When it comes to pricing, we recommend you compare it with the server specifications. Thankfully, most providers allow you to customize your server resources based on your needs. This way, you only have to pay for what you need. However, before choosing a low-priced plan, you should check other intangible components, such as customer support and uptime guarantee.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing:
There are many points to consider when choosing an offshore dedicated service provider. To make this review accessible, we summarized these points into the five key points below.
- Features: Some key features to look out for are data center location, CPU model, CPU speed, number of cores, CPU model, storage type and size, RAM size and type, bandwidth, and RAID. Dedicated servers allow you to run any operating system of your choice, but you should also read the fine print to avoid surprises.
- Support: Top-tier customer support is a must for dedicated server hosting. Even if you have your in-house IT team managing the server, some issues may require technical support from the offshore dedicated server hosting provider. Ideally, the web host should offer 24/7 support via chat, email, phone, or ticket. Other helpful resources include forums, knowledge bases, and informational blogs.
- User Friendliness: Dedicated hosting is primarily for businesses and individuals with the required human resources to manage the server. However, many providers make server management more manageable by providing feature-rich control panels. Some popular options are Plesk, cPanel, and WHM. These control panels are user-friendly and popular among developers. Some web hosts also offer fully managed dedicated server hosting, which handles all server activities on your behalf.
- Pricing: If you are serious about getting reliable dedicated hosting solutions, you should be willing to spend a few hundred dollars a year. However, high prices don’t always translate to high-quality hosting. Therefore, we only recommend hosting providers with plans that balance features with pricing.
- Reliability: The best offshore dedicated hosting providers ensure their servers are protected and perform optimally. They do so through enterprise-level technology, redundant power networks, storage and around-the-clock monitoring. As such, they can offer excellent uptimes as high as 99.99%, guaranteed by SLAs.
What To Look for In an Offshore Dedicated Hosting Provider
If you are a veteran web hosting user, you already know what you are looking out for. However, consider following our recommendations if you are new to web hosting or upgrading from a VPS or cloud hosting plan to a dedicated server.
- Server requirement: The first thing to consider is the performance requirement for your project. If you upgrade from a VPS or cloud hosting plan, note why you need to upgrade. Those reasons will provide insights into the hardware requirements and infrastructure needed from a dedicated server solution.
- Downtime: In today’s competitive world, a few minutes of server downtime can hurt your business reputation and affect your profits both immediately and in the long term. As such, you should know how much uptime guarantee the provider is willing to offer and if it is acceptable for your business. Some providers offer different time commitments for different plans, so ensure you read the fine print to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Bandwidth Usage: As your business grows, you might experience more traffic or add more functionality to your server. As such, we recommend you choose a dedicated server package that offers a lot of data traffic (or even unmetered bandwidth).
- Network Quality: Your server network quality depends on the physical location of the data center and the quality of your hosting provider’s network. Although offshore dedicated server hosting is mainly located in Europe, they use CDN, web caching, and DNS services to deliver fast website speed across continents.
- Application Scalability: Most people recommend running high-priority projects on multiple dedicated servers to avoid downtimes. In many cases, hosting your application on a single dedicated server with impressive processing capacity, RAM, and faster storage is easier and more viable.
- Choose a Hosting Provider: When you have discovered your server requirements, acceptable downtimes, bandwidth usage, resource allocation and network quality, it is time to choose a hosting provider. Ideally, you should check out all the plans a provider offers to see which meets your needs. A faster approach would be to contact the support team and share your needs and acceptable downtime with them. In most cases, they will create a bespoke plan for your needs.
What Is Offshore Dedicated Server Hosting?
Offshore dedicated server hosting is a server you get from an offshore web host. That begs the question: what is a dedicated server?
A dedicated server is an entire physical server made available to only one user or client.
A dedicated offshore server works like a regular dedicated server with the added features of anonymity, data privacy, and freedom from regulations such as DMCA laws. The client can lease, buy, or rent the dedicated offshore server at a monthly fee. Users can use the server as they wish during the purchase period without sharing it with any other customer or user.
In most cases, the user must also perform server security and maintenance. The alternative to this is to rent a managed offshore dedicated server. In this case, the offshore web host manages and updates the server on your behalf. Server management is a premium service, so expect to pay more than you would for a dedicated server you manage.
Why does anyone need offshore dedicated server hosting?
There are many reasons why people opt for offshore hosting solutions. These include:
- Anonymity: The primary reason why many people shop for offshore dedicated server services is that they want to stay anonymous. In some cases, they do this because they don’t want to attract attention to themselves or they are under censorship in their home country.
- Hosting regulations: Individuals and businesses often seek offshore hosting because of the nature of their web content or application. For instance, those who want to host adult tube sites or provide gambling services might need an offshore dedicated server if their home country’s laws prohibit such content/activities.
- Freedom of speech: People who want to host controversial content are usually worried about retribution, reputational damage, loss of livelihood, or even attacks on their loved ones. As such, they use offshore hosting services to share their content without facing physical, emotional or financial threats. Furthermore, since the content is not hosted on servers in hostile countries, the government cannot shut down the website or remove the controversial content.