Forex stands for Foreign Exchange Market, and it is a global, decentralized market where you can trade all kinds of international currencies. To trade currencies from anywhere and grab chances in the fast-changing Forex market, you need a strong and fast internet connection.
So, how do Forex traders always stay connected?
It all comes down to the server resources you have. Large, profitable companies can afford to establish their own servers near top Forex brokerages for uninterrupted trading.
However, setting up personal trading servers can be costly and demanding, often requiring a full-time professional team for maintenance and management.
So, how can traders get a more affordable yet uninterrupted trading experience?
The solution for such traders is Forex VPS hosting!
- Forex VPS offers secure global connections.
- VPS ensures real-time market updates.
- Forex VPS is a cost-effective hosting solution.
- Ideal for all types of Forex traders.
- Forex VPS plans offer customization and great scalability.
Our HostAdvice experts conducted an independent study on the Best VPS providers. We further refined this list to highlight the top Forex VPS providers, using user reviews, surveys, and tests. If you want the highlights, here’s our selection of the best providers.
Short on Time? Check Our Top Forex VPS Hosting Providers
The Best Forex VPS Hosting Services of 2023 (Bought and Tested):
Kamatera is an experienced global hosting provider that was founded in 1995. The provider’s extensive experience and knowledge of the web hosting industry have allowed it to create one of the best VPS services on the market, with a truly global presence that enables it to deliver blazing-fast services and highly-scalable resources to users worldwide. As such, it is the perfect choice for all Forex traders who need a strong and secure connection to their peers and markets around the world.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: You can pay for Kamatera’s Forex VPS hosting by the minute, hour, or month and only pay for the resources you use and cancel anytime. The plans start at $0.005/hour or $4/month, which gives you one vCPU core, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD storage, 5000 GB monthly traffic, one public IP, and a 30-day free trial.
Features: The provider offers many free and paid features, like a no-single-point-of-failure infrastructure, backups, monitoring, a cloud load balancer, a cloud firewall, cloud block storage, unlimited storage, a proprietary API, root access, and instant resource scaling.
Performance: Kamatera provides reliable, fast, and stable performance to each user, providing a 99.95% uptime guarantee across all plans. It also has a no-single-point-of-failure cloud infrastructure. Moreover, Kamatera maintains 18 top-quality data centers in America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, all using the latest SSD and Intel Xeon Platinum/Cascade Lake processors.
Support: Kamatera provides expert 24/7 customer support through live chat, phone, and email. It provides fully managed Forex VPS hosting as well, where Kamatera’s experts handle all technical tasks and server maintenance for you.
User Friendly: Kamatera has an intuitive user interface with a fast setup process that lets you get your Forex VPS server up and running in minutes. Also, it has a well-designed dashboard and an easy-to-use control panel.
Pros & Cons
- A 30-day free trial
- Pay-as-you-go pricing
- 18 top-tier data centers worldwide
- High flexibility and scalability
- No-single-point-of-failure infrastructure
- It might require some technical knowledge
Suppose you are looking for a flexible Forex VPS solution that offers excellent customer support and security and supports Linux and Windows systems. In that case, Interserver is the right choice for you. It also provides affordable prices and allows you to have complete control over your server and resources!
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- Security: 4.4
- Features: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.5
With Interserver, you can choose how many CPU cores you want and get a price and appropriate resources according to your choice! For example, if you decide to get a Linux Forex VPS hosting plan with four CPU Cores, Interserver will give you 8.192GB RAM, 120GB SSD Storage, and an 8TB transfer limit to match!
Performance: Interserver offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, uses high-performance SSD storage that is 20x faster than standard SATA drives, and has servers in Los Angeles and Secaucus. It also supports numerous operating systems, including Windows, Debian, Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
Support: It offers 24/7 support via live chat, email, and a ticketing system. It also offers phone support through its call centers in the USA, England, Mexico, Brazil, and Israel, a knowledge base, and self-service options.
Security: Interserver’s Forex VPS hosting comes with self-healing hardware, which detects glitches in the hardware system and instantly redirects your resources to another node. That way, you will avoid the glitches altogether. It also offers a Remote Backup Service and uses the KVM, Openvz, Virtuozzo, and Hyper-v virtualization platforms to protect its servers.
Features: Webuzo control panel, Cloud Remote Backup Service, multiple database support including MySQL, SQLite, MongoDB, MarinaDB, PostgreSQL, etc., DirectAdmin/cPanel/Plesk, one-click installation for more than 400 apps, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Typo3, Moodle, DotNetNuke, osCommerce, osTicket, PrestaShop, Zen Cart, phpBB, Dolphin, Laravel, CodeIgniter, WebCalendar, and more.
Pricing: Interserver allows you to choose the number of CPU cores and bases your price on that, starting at $6/month for one CPU core, 2.048GB RAM, 30GB SSD storage, and 2TB transfer.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent uptime (99.9%)
- Allows you to install and use more than 400 apps with one click
- Flexible and affordable prices
- Its user interface is a little outdated (but still quite functional nonetheless)
Are you looking for a provider that will deliver fast speeds, reliable performance, and a highly-optimized Forex VPS hosting environment? Then UltaHost is an excellent solution for you! Namely, the provider maintains top-tier data centers in 12 locations worldwide, all of which use next-generation Intel Xeon processors and RAID10 SSD storage to deliver top-quality services to each user, promising a 99.9% uptime across all plans.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: UltaHost’s cheapest Forex VPS hosting plan costs $5.50 monthly, which you can pay on a monthly or annual billing cycle. It includes 1 CPU Core, 1GB RAM, 30GB NVMe SSD, 1 IPv4 dedicated IP, a managed server, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: The provider offers many free and paid features, such as SSD NVMe storage, 24/7 real-time monitoring, a free SSL certificate, DDR4 RAM, unlimited app installations, BitNinja security, SSH & SFTP access, unlimited bandwidth, free daily backups, dedicated firewalls, CDN, and multiple operating systems and control panels.
Performance: UltaHost provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee across all Forex VPS plans. Additionally, it maintains data centers in 12 global locations, including the US, Canada, Germany, Finland, Tukey, India, South Korea, and Singapore. Also, all of its servers operate on the latest Intel Xeon processors and RAID10 SSD storage.
Support: UltaHost provides expert 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, email, and a ticketing system. Additionally, it has a comprehensive knowledge base with many helpful video tutorials and guides.
User Friendly: UltaHost provides multiple different control panels, including the free Hestia and CyberPanel control panels and the paid Plesk and cPanel. You can also pick the OS you prefer.
Pros & Cons
- 12 top-grade data center locations worldwide
- No hidden fees
- Multiple operating systems and control panels to choose from
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Many free features
- No unlimited storage
Hostinger is a big name in the web hosting industry that offers multiple hosting services at very affordable prices, including Forex VPS hosting. Namely, Hostinger’s VPS offer comes with four different plans that can satisfy the needs of every user, providing scalable resources, full root access, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: The cheapest VPS plan that Hostinger offers costs $5.99/month and includes 4GB RAM, 50 GB NVMe storage, 1TB bandwidth, one snapshot, weekly backups, a dedicated IP, full root access, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: Hostinger offers many free and paid features, including full root access, NVMe SSD storage, an AI-powered firewall, dedicated IPv6 IPs, backups, snapshots, multiple Linux OS options, BitNinja security, and built-in DDoS protection.
Performance: Hostinger offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee across all plans. Additionally, it maintains data centers in the USA, the UK, France, Lithuania, Brazil and India. Moreover, Hostinger’s servers run on the latest AMD EPYC processors and NVMe SSD storage.
Support: The provider offers 24/7 customer support via live chat and email. Additionally, it also has a vast knowledge base with numerous guides, articles, and tutorials.
User Friendly: Hostinger is extremely easy to navigate, offering a simple and intuitive user interface. It also provides guided setups and one-click services that make performing virtually all site-related tasks easy and straightforward.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable and top-quality VPS services
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- Advanced security tools
- Many free features
- There is a setup fee on cheaper plans (still, the plans are extra affordable)
What is Forex VPS?
Forex VPS hosting is a type of hosting that uses Virtual Private Servers to provide hosting solutions to users. You can use Forex VPS to host your trading software and easily handle and operate your trades.
Since most Forex VPS hosting providers have servers worldwide, you won’t have to be close to all the Forex brokerages that you trade with to execute trades successfully. This means that you will have an excellent connection regardless of your location.
With Forex VPS, you will be able to:
- Connect to all the trading platforms on the market
- Conduct trades with minimal interruption
- Make split-second decisions, and take advantage of opportunities
How does VPS work?
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a hosting solution that uses virtualization technology to provide users with private (dedicated) resources. Even though multiple users use the same server, each user has their own resources and is not affected by the others at all.
The key concept behind VPS hosting is that it divides a single server into multiple smaller servers. And since each smaller server runs separately from one another, they offer better privacy, security, performance, and easier troubleshooting.
Who is Forex VPS for?
Forex VPS is perfect for:
- Individuals and businesses trading currencies on the Foreign Exchange Market.
- Brokers needing a reliable system to run their trading software without interruptions.
- Those lacking the resources to set up and maintain personal servers near stock exchanges or Forex brokerages.
How Do We Rank and How You Should Choose Your Forex VPS Hosting?
- Server Uptime11%
- Operating System Support8%
- Server Maintenance10%
- Customer Support4%
- Extra Features6%
- User Reviews30%
Here at HostAdvice, we test specifically for each category we cover. Our experts test each category by following a few important steps. First, they develop a list of all the relevant factors that apply to the specific category (in this case, Forex VPS hosting). Then, they run independent tests that include testing each provider’s performance, speed, uptime, reliability, and features. In addition, they test each provider’s customer support and a few other critical features. Also, independent user reviews also play a huge part in all the tests we make.
We also weigh each factor that we test according to its relevance to the category that we are writing about. So, if a factor plays a vital role within the category, we give it a higher weight, and vice versa.
Here are all the factors that we tested and that you need to take into consideration when ranking and choosing the best Forex VPS hosting providers:
- Latency (15%): Forex trading depends heavily on speed, efficiency, and fast decision-making. And, you can’t do all of that if your Forex VPS provider offers slow speeds and high latency. Latency can easily make or break a trading business. Namely, the speed of your VPS hosting can determine how much money a trader makes and how fast they can seize opportunities. Thus, picking a VPS provider that offers fast speeds and low latency is imperative when choosing a Forex VPS hosting provider.
- Server Uptime (11%): A reliable and constantly available server is another critical factor for all Forex traders. Namely, if your server goes off from time to time, you won’t be able to execute your trades efficiently and make money. Thus, it would be best if you look for a provider that offers a good uptime guarantee – at least 99.9%. Also, you can sign an agreement with your provider that guarantees that it will pay you a certain compensation if the server does not meet the uptime that it ensures.
- Security (9%): All Forex traders need a secure and safe platform to trade on. That way, their funds will be secure and safe from hackers and thieves. In general, VPS hosting is a very safe and secure solution. However, many providers offer even more security measures, like backups, recovery options, automatic software updates, etc. So, always make sure to check if your hosting provider offers some extra security features in its plans before you commit to it!
- Scalability (7%): Choosing a Forex VPS provider that offers scalable resources can help you increase your profits and boost your trading success. With a scalable hosting provider, you will be able to execute more trades than you normally do without experiencing downtime or lag. Also, if the trading business is slow for a certain period, you will be able to easily decrease the number of resources that you usually use and only pay for those that you actually need. Thus, it would be best to choose a provider that allows you to increase and decrease your resources whenever you need them.
- Operating System Support (8%): Different VPS hosting providers run their servers on various types of operating systems. For instance, some use Linux, other Windows, etc. Also, some providers support more operating systems than others and allow you to choose from a wide range of options. So, if you have a preference and need a specific operating system for your trading business, make sure that your VPS provider offers that operating system in advance.
- Server Maintenance (10%): If you don’t have the time or knowledge to manage and maintain your own server, you can get managed hosting services from your provider. That way, your provider will set up everything for you, keep track and make updates, installations, and everything else your server needs.
- Customer Support (4%): Regardless of whether you are running a trading business, an eCommerce business, or any other type, you will need strong customer support from your provider. That way, if you have an issue or question, you will be able to resolve it quickly by contacting your provider.
- Extra Features (6%): Some Forex VPS hosting providers offer additional features and programs that can help you improve your trading business. For example, some extra features you can get include free migrations, constant monitoring, free CDN, and more. So, when choosing a provider, make sure to check what kind of extra features it offers, if any.
- User Reviews (30%): Reading independent user reviews can help you learn more about a certain provider. Also, since the reviews are written by people who have already used or are using the provider’s services, you will know what you can expect from them.
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
How Does Forex VPS Hosting Work?
Forex VPS is essentially like a cloud-based desktop PC.
A virtual private server (VPS) can run a version of an operating system that can be operated remotely from all kinds of devices. This is similar to web hosting servers, but with the extra capacity of directly hosting your desktop computer while still allowing it to operate as if it were on its own server (imagine renting out a room in someone’s house).
Even though multiple VPS units are created on one computer, each has its own set amount of CPU power and space. So, even though there are multiple VPS created on the same server, each has its own resources and pays a monthly subscription to use those resources. Also, some VPS hosting providers offer pay-as-you-go billing options, which enable users to only pay for the resources they have used instead of a whole pre-determined plan.
Forex VPS Hosting Pros and Cons
Like most things in life, Forex VPS hosting comes with its good and bad sides. And as a potential user, I feel that you should know what you can expect from VPS hosting – both the good and the bad. So, in the next section of the article, I will write about some of the benefits and drawbacks that you will experience with using Forex VPS.
- The ability to trade anywhere – you can log in to your Forex VPS from all kinds of devices, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones, and trade from anywhere in the world. As I mentioned above, with a sound Forex VPS hosting provider, you will have fast and uninterrupted access to Forex brokerages all over the world without having to be near them. All you will need is an Internet connection, and you will be good to go.
- Trading at all times – you can set up your machine to automatically trade and leave it to do its thing without constantly monitoring it. That way, your machine will trade for you at all times, even during power outages and other similar instances.
- Strong security – VPS hosting systems are highly secure and provide excellent privacy and safety to their users. Usually, Forex VPS hosting providers regularly monitor and test their servers to ensure that everything is running as it should be, and most providers also have excellent uptime guarantees. Also, most Forex VPS providers run powerful security software and applications that help them prevent malicious attacks before they even happen.
- Complete transactions faster – even if you don’t automate your transactions and like to do them all by hand, VPS servers can execute them much quicker because they have low latency and excellent performance.
- Web-Based Control Panel – most VPS providers allow you to have full access to your server, meaning that you can manage your server and programs yourself if you want to – at any time and anywhere.
- 24/7 support – most Forex VPS providers offer round-the-clock expert support to their users. That means that you will have a team of experts at your disposal whenever you need to ask a question or need a solution to a problem.
- Not as powerful as dedicated servers – even though VPS servers offer powerful services, they are not as powerful as dedicated servers. That is why you should always do your research first and make sure that the Forex VPS plan you choose will offer you all the resources you need for your trading.
- Usually requires more technical knowledge – most Forex VPS plans require you to manage and maintain your whole server yourself. Thus, you will either need to know how to do all that yourself, hire an expert to do that for you, or get managed services from your VPS provider.
Why Should I Use a Forex VPS?
We already covered some of the benefits that you can get with a Forex VPS. However, Forex VPS hosting providers offer many other powerful and useful features that all traders need for their daily operations, including:
- Backups – most Forex VPS providers create daily backups of your whole trading configuration, including the trading software and operating system. Thus, a VPS functions as a form of safety net to safeguard you from complications that happen if a connection is unexpectedly severed.
- Improved latency – put in simple terms, latency in trading shows how fast your trades get executed. In even simpler terms, it shows the time that passes between the moment you press the “Ok” button to confirm your trade and the moment that your trade is executed in the marketplace. Latency is usually measured in milliseconds when it comes to trading. The lower the latency, the better. One way you can reduce latency is by using VPS servers because they offer computer servers that are physically closer to exchanges.
- Reduced slippage– slippage is the difference that arises in the actual price between the moment you confirm the trade and the moment the trade is completed. Since Forex exchanges are fast-paced and the prices of international currencies can fluctuate at any moment, slippage can occur very often when you are trading. You can reduce slippage by having a fast connection, which is what most VPS servers offer.
- Affordable prices – most VPS hosting plans come at affordable prices and allow you to reap all the benefits of the service for a pretty low price. Also, the only other way to get the services that a VPS hosting provider offers is by setting up your own servers, and that is extremely expensive – I’m talking five-figure costs expensive.
- The ability to trade worldwide – as I mentioned, VPS hosting providers have servers all across the planet that cover several continents and Forex brokerages. Because of that, they allow you to trade in whichever location you like and take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way.
Forex VPS Hosting vs. Shared Hosting
Both Forex VPS and Shared hosting have multiple websites on a single server. However, Forex VPS hosting puts fewer websites per server and isolates each site completely. That means that each site gets its own dedicated resources and runs separately from the others that are on the same server. Each website is positioned in an area on the server and has its own RAM, storage, operating system, and data transfer limits. All of that provides a more stable and smoother performance. That is not the case with shared hosting.
Namely, with shared hosting, all the websites on the same server are affected by one another and share the server’s resources. So, if one website gets hacked, all the others will be at risk of getting hacked as well. Also, if one website uses more resources than planned, the other websites on the server are affected by that and can consequently experience lag and increased downtime.
Forex VSP Hosting vs. Dedicated Hosting
Many traders prefer to use VPS hosting to host their trading software and conduct their daily business, even though it is less powerful than dedicated hosting. It sounds insane, but it’s true. So, why do traders use VPS hosting more when they can use the more powerful option – dedicated hosting? In order to find out, I will tell you all about the differences between the two solutions so that you can understand their good and bad sides and determine which one is better for you.
- Resource Constraints
Even though VPS servers are powerful and provide users with their own dedicated resources, at the end of the day, multiple users still share the same server, and that can come with some constraints. Namely, users will have a limit on resources like RAM, storage, etc., and will only be able to upgrade them to a certain extent. With dedicated hosting, users get their own server and don’t have to share it with anyone. So, they can have as many resources as they want, but for a much higher price.
The resources that VPS servers offer can still be more than enough for many users. Also, VPS servers are much more affordable than dedicated ones. Thus, it all comes down to whether your business is large enough to need dedicated hosting. If it is not, then you will be wasting money on something you do not need.
Even though VPS servers host each user on different server areas, the users still share the same server and are therefore subject to potential security risks. Of course, the potential security risks are not very high, but they still exist nonetheless.
With dedicated servers, users own the whole server and don’t have to worry about other users’ security breaches. Namely, if a security breach happens, it will happen because they failed to set up their own security accordingly and not because another user has been hacked.
- Technical Knowledge
With VPS hosting, users can choose to get either a managed or unmanaged VPS solution. Namely, if the user does not have the technical skills and knowledge to set up, manage, and maintain a server, they can get a managed hosting solution and have professionals do everything for them. On the other hand, if the user wants to customize and set up the server alone and has the technical expertise to do so, they can get unmanaged VPS hosting.
With dedicated hosting, users have to have enough technical knowledge to set up, maintain, and manage everything on their own. Or, they can hire an expert to do everything for them instead. However, hiring an expert will come at an extra cost.
All in all, choosing between VPS hosting and dedicated hosting comes down to the size of your business and whether you have the technical knowledge to do everything yourself or not. Also, your budget plays a significant role in this decision. So, if you need a more affordable but still powerful solution, you should go for VPS hosting. However, if you have a larger budget and need a whole server to handle your large business, then dedicated hosting is the better option for you.
Best Forex VPS Hosting Services: Summary
Forex VPS hosting is the perfect fit for Forex traders. In my opinion, Forex VPS hosting can be highly beneficial to all traders thanks to the excellent uptime, low latency, 24/7 support, and excellent connection it offers. With Forex VPS hosting, you can trade on markets all over the world without experiencing any lag, downtime, or high latency. Also, you can get a managed VPS hosting plan and get professionals to set up, maintain, and manage your servers. That way, your server will always be up-to-date and available. Also, it will be secure and protected from hackers trying to get your information or steal your money.
You can try out most Forex VPS providers risk-free and get your money back if you don’t like their services, so really, there is nothing to lose here but a lot to gain. Moreover, Forex VPS hosting is reliable, secure, and scalable, making it perfect for both established traders and up-and-coming ones who want to expand their business fast.