Small Business Hosting in 2019 – The Top Contenders
What is Small Business Hosting?
Unlike massive corporations and even bigger multinationals that have fat pockets and generous budgets, small businesses are often working with the bare minimum. This applies to everything, from the office supplies you get to the technology you utilize in order to get your products and websites in the market’s line of sight. Luckily, today’s hosting ecosystem makes it easy for you to find a great solution at affordable and reasonable rates.
Small business hosting is designed to help entrepreneurs and startups get their online presence set up and maintained without affecting their ability to operate. While this doesn’t necessarily include specialized technology, small business hosting plans have basic features that are great if you’re just starting out. Usually, these hosting packages will be shared or cloud-based and will have more limited features than higher tier solutions.
Before you make a decision on your hosting choice, explore our expert small business hosting reviews, and ask yourself these questions:
- What business tools do they offer?
- How many domains can you set up?
- Is it a shared or dedicated server?
- Do they have bandwidth and traffic limits?
- How well can they scale with you?
Why do You Need Small Business Hosting?
Hosting and web design can be pricey, especially if you’re just getting started. For small businesses, building an online presence is a top priority, but one that is sometimes undercut by the hard realities of budget constraints and daily obstacles. Many hosting companies compound this by offering “basic” plans that cost much more than you’re willing to pay, for not much added value.
Real small business hosting plans are built with entrepreneurs in mind, often providing a more basic service—one with fewer domains, limited bandwidth, and shared hosting—while reducing costs significantly. If you’re an entrepreneur looking to simply get your name online and start building your reputation, you likely don’t need multiple domains and terabytes of bandwidth. What you do need is a reliable host that will keep your website protected and working all the time.
Small business hosting services are also built to easily scale with you, providing opportunities to upgrade your plans and add more bandwidth as needed. Most importantly, they’re focused on providing low costs without sacrificing reliability.
What are the Benefits of Small Business Hosting?
- Their focus is on keeping costs low: While they may have fewer bells and whistles than higher tier plans, the primary focus of small business hosting is to give you exactly what you need without breaking your bank. This means giving you significant discounts in some cases, and even free services in others. Some companies provide basic hosting services (though they come with heavy caps on bandwidth, traffic, and storage) free of cost, or at rates as low as a few dollars a month.
- They give you different hosting types: Unlike specialized packages, our small business hosting reviews find that most companies give you a variety of types. This includes the most common shared hosting options, along with cloud servers and in some cases even dedicated hosting packages.
- They support a wide variety of CMS and tools: Instead of making you choose one or the other, small business hosting plans usually give you the option of choosing which CMS works best for your website needs (including popular ones like Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal). Moreover, they give you the tools to get the most out of them and customize them to your requirements.
What Factors to Consider for Joomla Hosting
- What does the fine print say? One thing to be wary of when exploring small business hosting reviews is companies’ fine print with regards to prices and services. Some companies claim to offer “unlimited” bandwidth or traffic, but really provide throttled services after a limit. Similarly, shockingly low prices may be introductory offers that can get bumped up once your initial terms.
- What’s the uptime? Low-cost shouldn’t mean low effort, and small business hosting services should reflect that. While low prices are good, you should still focus on finding websites that have reliable uptimes, as a crashed website can be significantly more expensive than a few extra dollars a month on your hosting plan.
- Do they offer a variety of hosting options? While shared hosting is a great deal for most small businesses, having the option to choose dedicated or cloud hosting can give you more room to maneuver. Some businesses can’t operate on shared hosting (due to security restrictions) or require cloud; the ability to choose is a big plus.
- Does it scale with you? Most importantly, you’re not going to remain a small business forever. As your business grows, and your web presence with it, you’re going to need more bandwidth, more space, and more speed. Choosing a small business hosting plan that lets you easily upgrade or add more capacity is vital.
Choose the Best Small Business Hosting
Choosing the right hosting plan is a key part of setting your small business up for online success. Explore our small business hosting expert reviews and see what each of our top contenders has to offer for you before making a choice. Most importantly, select the hosting service that gives your business the tools and features you need to grow and sustain youxr online presence.